Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Morning Poetry~ "Mont Blanc" and Laundry

I was never a morning person; and I'm definitely not a Monday morning person!  However, I'm trying to ease what is (for me) a rough transition by spending a few minutes with a classic poem.  Call it preemptive therapy.  Or call it "Monday Morning Poetry," which sounds much prettier, right?  Right.
                                           

                                "The wilderness has a mysterious tongue
                                 Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild,
                                 So solemn, so serene, that man may be,
                                 But for such faith, with Nature reconcil'd;
                                 Thou hast a voice, great Mountain, to repeal
                                 Large codes of fraud and woe; not understood
                                 By all, but which the wise, and great, and good
                                 Interpret, or make felt, or deeply feel."


                                ~ From "Mont Blanc" by Percy Blythe Shelley


Not "blanc," but surely a "mont"-- here in my dining room,
atop pictures that I never hung.  "[A]ll seems eternal now."
Ok, here goes... There's a type of Mont Blanc on my dining room table. 

Surely it teaches "awful doubt."  Surely, also, it can "repeal large codes of fraud and woe" in that its simple demands (for folding and putting away) tend to cut through my pretensions... Give me "faith so mild," please?  I need reconciliation with all of this wild, uncontrolled Nature in our living space!

If only endeavors to "interpret, or make felt, or deeply feel" my laundry could likewise make me "wise, and great, and good"...!


Happy Monday.  Is this a laundry day for you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment