|"Madeleines de Commercy" by Bernard Leprêtre|
Remembrance of Things Past (Proust) and a madeleine,
please don't scorn
1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Lewis) and Turkish Delight,
2. Jacob Have I Loved (Paterson) and soft-shell crabs,
3. The End of the Affair (Greene) and onions-- maybe onion soup?
4. Little Women (Alcott) and lobster salad,
5. The Portrait of a Lady (James) and afternoon tea... "Under certain circumstances there are few hours in life more agreeable..."
6. Harriet the Spy and a tomato sandwich,
7. Tess of the D'Urbervilles (Hardy) and any dairy product....
Can you think of others? Please comment-- I'd love to hear from you!
[And check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!]